While Wearing Pearls

Monday, February 4, 2013

Preparing for Downton Abbey on Super Bowl Sunday


Now that all are over the trauma of last weeks episode of Downton Abbey, we can move on to this week.  I'm getting the tea service ready for a proper time while watching this week.  Years ago this day became a nonevent for us, so we enjoyed the day.

It was a beautiful day in central Texas!!!  The Mr. stood on the diving board and was smiling while holding my quilt that I finished this past week.  It is beautiful and I'm not sure that my photography skills does it justices.

I used the wonderful fabric by Moda called Vintage Modern.  I used the pattern from Moda Bakeshop called Starry-Eyed Quilt.  I added a border because I like the framed look of a quilt. 

We took Lucy on a walk.  It was just a perfect day!

I worked on a quilt project called a Block of the Month.  I finished January and almost finished February.  Picture will follow soon.

I enjoyed pictures my girls sent from their Super Bowl events and they wanted me to share them.  I think that blogs and pinterest are getting a younger generation interested in cooking and creating.


These are pulled pork sliders made with Root Beer.

Jalapeno Poppers.

We then enjoyed Downton Abbey!!!  Again Maggie Smith was the best.

All While Wearing Pearls


No comments:

Post a Comment