While Wearing Pearls

Thursday, February 28, 2013

A Hodge Podge

I have been busy the past few weeks getting ready for some R&R in the Rocky Mountains.  I have some projects that I am going to finish while relaxing.

Some of the fun recipes that I have made lately were definitely keepers.


All I can say is amazing!!  Being from Texas I had to use my iron skillet to make cornbread and it is a winner.  I will make it over and over.  Thanks Joy the Baker for a great recipe.



These were over the top!!!!!!  I made them for a dessert one evening and they were sooo good.  The cream on them is cream cheese, butter and powdered sugar.  The pancakes called for a 1/2 cup of cocoa and I did not add the red dye.  It was like eating a brownie pancake.


On the griddle


Ultimate Grilled Cheese Sandwiches

This recipe came from Barefoot Contessa's How Easy is That? cookbook.  Her books are the best investment that I make when buying a cookbook.  They are my go to books when menu planning and are always reliable.

This next week I will be working on projects and enjoying the scenery of Rocky Mountain National Park.  I also will be driving Miss Lucy to stay with her best friend Griffin.


No comments:

Post a Comment