While Wearing Pearls

Monday, February 11, 2013

Strawberry Sweet Biscuits

Sweet Biscuits



We enjoy this recipe so much that I use it year round with different fresh berries.

I found this recipe in The Peach Tree Tea Room Cookbook  many years ago.  It is really worth buying in fact all of their cookbooks are wonderful.
I have made the recipe easier for me to make because the Mr. eats these like cookies and I call them sweet biscuits.

Sweet Biscuits

2 cups flour
1/4 cup sugar
1 Tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 stick of butter, very cold (I stick it in the freezer for a few minutes) then cut into small pieces
1 egg, beaten
2/3 cup half and half
melted butter
sugar for sprinkling

 Combine all the dry ingredients in your food processor and pulse just to combine.  Add the butter and pulse until  the mix is coarse and you can see small pieces of butter.  Then add the egg and half and half and pulse until just moist.  I put a piece of wax paper on my counter with flour dusted on the wax paper.  I add a little flour to the dough if the dough is too sticky.  I pat the dough out until it is about a 1/2 thick.  Cut the dough with a cookie cutter to make in the desired shape and size you want.  I used a fluted biscuit cutter in the picture above.  I have made them heart shaped for Valentines.  Bake for 10-12 minutes in a 425 degree oven on an ungreased cookie sheet.  While they are stil warm brush with melted butter and sprinkle with sugar.  This last step makes this a wonderful dessert!!
  For presentation I split the biscuits in half and spoon berries (what ever is in seasons).  Then I top the berries with whipped topping.  They are delicious!!!

I hope you all enjoy this recipe.

All While Wearing Pearls

1 comment: