While Wearing Pearls

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Shrove Tuesday & Watching Way too Much Downton Abbey



  The first time that I heard of Shrove Tuesday was when we were in London on Shrove Tuesday.  There were signs advertising serving shrove pancakes.  Upon return home I started reading about the meaning of this day and really liked the idea of this kind of celebrating of the Lenten season.  One of my daughters said that I may be watching too much Downton Abbey!
  So in celebration of Shrove Tuesday, I decided to make pancakes (the Mr.'s favorite food group)!

Bacon and Corn Griddle Cakes


 They are wonderful!!  In fact I will make them again.  It is one of the first recipes that I pinned on Pinterest and had not made them.  They are the best combination of flavors and really are easy to make.  I found them on Recipe Girl's blog.  You can find the recipe here.


I know that after last night we decided that we will celebrate the Lenten Season by eating pancakes on Shrove Tuesday.  The Mr. started the day off correctly by having a breakfast meeting and eating his favorite blueberry pancakes.  There are so many creative ways to make pancakes these days! Yes finding a baby in a King cake is fun but I liked this much more.

A recently bad picture of serving King cake at a luncheon.

All While Wearing Pearls!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome- so glad you enjoyed them. And thank you for the link to the recipe!

    ReplyDelete