While Wearing Pearls

Friday, May 11, 2012


Well it has been way to long since I've added to my blog!  I had a wonderful trip to England in March.  I went with a dear friend that knows a lot of things to do while there, mainly shopping for antiques!  We had so much fun with shopping( I mean touring the sights), having afternoon tea and more shopping( I mean touring the sights).

 We had a great day trip to Bath my favorite city out of London.  The train trip is beautiful then you arrive in such a peaceful setting of the city in a valley.  I have been through the Roman Baths a number of times so we just ate lunch in the Pump Room it is a must do event.  After our fun lunch we went to the cutest Cath Kidston store (again not my first trip to that store) great gifts were bought there.  Then the antique mall...well needless to say the day was way to short but my friend found an amazing piece of silver and I found some great vanity jars with silver lids!  Before leaving Bath we had to have tea at Sally Lunn's Tea Room.  Definitely an iconic tourist destination but really good for afternoon tea.  It is always cooler in Bath than London so tea is a great idea before the train trip back to London.

                                                                   The Pump Room


                                               
                                                  The Avon River in Bath with the iconic Bridge Shops




                                                               Sally Lunn's Tea Room

I will add more a little later.   Cheerio for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment