While Wearing Pearls

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

The Best of 2013...Part 1 Projects

I know it has been a long time!  Today I'm posting my best of through pictures.  This seems to be a blogging trend that is fun so I hope I don't bore you to death.

KNITTING





I knitted 2 cowls in January.  I loved learning to knit with circular needles.  This is a simple seed stitch pattern.  


I learned how to knit a shawl or kerchief this is a Ravelry pattern Age of Brass.  I am currently finishing a much larger version of this and will finish it soon.

QUILTING

I started quilting in May of 2012, I love it.  I have finished several and have several on going projects.  



I started the year with this block of the month quilt that has English paper piecing.  It is a slow project!!

I went to my first quilt show and loved it!  We went to QuiltCon in Austin.  I was so inspired and saw the creative way that quilting has evolved.  I can hardly wait to the next one in 2015.  I hope it is in Austin again, if so I will go for 2 days so I can see it all.











These are quilts that I finished this year.  If you notice Lucy is in the big middle of it all.  I call my quilts Lucy Approved!  These were all so much fun to make.  I'm looking forward to making many more in 2014. 

No comments:

Post a Comment