While Wearing Pearls

Monday, June 18, 2012

Reunion Dinner





Dinner is Served

This last Friday we had a wonderful dinner for great friends.  The recipes that I fixed are some family favorites and not hard to fix.
Now my pictures were awful only one was passible for the blog and it is not very good.  Oh well.

The Menu

Sangria
Salad
Pork Tender
Blueberry Barbecue Sauce
Roasted Asparagus
Cheese Grits
Rolls 
Strawberry Cake from a Bakery




The only usable picture



Sangria Recipe

3 oranges
2 lemons
2 limes
1 cup of sugar
1 cup of berries (I used blackberries)
2 apples
2 cups of grapes
2 bottles of rioja (Spanish red wine)
1 litter of ginger ale

Slice the oranges, lemons, limes, and apples and place in a large container.  Add the berries and grapes to the container and sprinkle with the cup of sugar.  Let the fruit and sugar sit for an hour at room temperature then add the red wine and let it set for about 30 minutes.  Right before serving add ice and the ginger ale.  
I do not use the liquor that is in most recipes which is how we like it better.


Salad

1/2 cup toasted pine nuts
1 quart sliced strawberries
1/4 of a purple onion diced
Organic lettuce
1 avocado diced
1/2 cup feta cheese
4 Tablespoons Watermelon Vinaigrette (Cookwell & Company)

Toss together the ingredients and add the dressing before serving.


Pork Tender Marinade

This is for 2 pork tenders, I always double if making more

1/2 cup soy sauce
3 tablespoons sugar
3 garlic cloves, pressed in my garlic clove press
2 teaspoons ginger(sometimes I use fresh but for this it was the dried form)

Marinade over night or at least several hours.
Then I put mine on a rimmed cookie sheet covered with parchment paper.  I roast at 425 for about 30 to forty minutes.


Okay I'm posting for now because some are waiting for my recipes.

I wish I had more pictures to show but they were really bad and I need to ask someone for help with that.  I will post my grits recipe later.  It is the most asked for recipe that I make.

Have a wonderful day and I will write more later.

While Wearing Pearls





No comments:

Post a Comment