This is going to be my recipe to add to the blog.
I thought you may enjoy these because they are great for a fast breakfast on the run.
I made them years ago and lost the recipe but thanks to the internet I found them online at the Cooking Light website. I have adapted them to our taste.
Morning Glory Muffins
Cooking Light July 2007
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup of regular oats (not instant or quick)
1 cup of brown sugar
1 tablespoon wheat bran ( found on the bulk aisle )
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup plain non-fat greek yogurt
1 cup mashed ripe banana about 2
1 large egg
2 tablespoons buttermilk
1 cup chopped dates
3/4 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 cup chopped dried pineapple
3 tablespoons ground golden flaxseeds
1 tablespoon flaxseeds to top the muffins
1. Preheat oven to 350*
2. Place 18 cupcake liners in a muffin pan and coat the liners with pam. It really works!!
3. Lightly spoon flours into dry measuring cups and level with a knife. Combine the flours and the next 5 ingredients (through the salt) in a large bowl and stir with a whisk.
4. Make a well in the center of the mixture.
5. Combine yogurt, banana, egg, buttermilk and place this mixture in the well that was created in the bowl of flour. Stir until just moist and combined.
6. Combine the chopped dates, walnuts, dried pineapple and flaxseed in a small bowl. Fold the nut mixture into the batter.
7. Spoon batter into the muffin cups and sprinkle with flaxseeds.
8. Bake at 350* for 20 minutes or until the muffin springs back when touched lightly.
9. Remove from the pan and cool on a rack.